Sunday, May 18, 2014

Blogger’s Quilt Festival - For Me


For me



DSC06090

I started this quilt fall 2012 and only finished it this January. I wanted to make the coziest and softest quilt just for me! The front is voile and back flannel, all Free spirit fabrics from Anna Maria Horner and Joel Dewberry. For batting I chose wool for the first time. Choosing the fabrics was sort of an exercise in letting go of all ideas what I like or don't like and be bold. That is also the reason why it took so long to finish. Every time when I was working on it and started to second guess my choices I stopped and let it rest.

I first quilted it by hand with two shades of blue pearl cotton - also a bold choice for me. To be sure that the quilting was steady I added some simple free moition quilting curls on it. I'm still FMQ beginner so did not dare to try something more advanced.

After all second guessing I really do like this quilt and it every bit as warm and soft to cuddle under as I imagined it would be.

I entered this quilt to Blogger's Quilt Festival in category Original Design Quilts. I though that would be the best category for it - all made and designed for me by me!


6 comments:

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Mari
Congratulations - your quilt is absolutely beautiful. The colours are jewel - like; rich and luxurious.
Am amazing achievement.
Best wishes
Ellie

CitricSugar said...

Beautiful - I love the richness of colour in the fabrics you chose!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, it looks SO cozy! I love a nice voile, but rarely use it because I'm not sure how it would hold up over the long haul. This is perfect. Great design and quilting.

Hilacha (loose strand) said...

Nice colours, plus looks lofty...

Charlotte said...

I love the warm rich colours - looks beautiful!

Fatima Ahmad said...

Vibez365 is your daily magazine for all the latest news, and informative blogs on hottest topics around the world. We aim to provide the right information to our readers. Keeping in mind the passion, and the interest of our readers we not only focus on bringing you the blogs with the latest information but also, blogs straight from some of the best writers in the world.